Windows in your home or office can be made to sparkle and shine, without any dangerous chemicals. You may have heard of using vinegar and water, but there are also other natural cleaners that could work as well. Checklists and guides that provide you with comprehensive instructions on how to clean windows are available, so all you need is some elbow grease and a few simple ingredients.
Window cleaning doesn’t have to be a daunting task. In fact, it can be quite easy and fun with the right tools and techniques. By following a few simple tips, you can have your windows looking their best in no time.
Here are a few tips on how to clean windows:
- Gather your materials. In order to clean your windows properly, you will need a few supplies. These include a bucket, sponge, cleaning solution, and a squeegee.
- Choose the right solution. There are a variety of window cleaning solutions available on the market. However, you can also create your own solution using ingredients that you likely already have in your home, such as vinegar and water.
- Pre-treat tough spots. If there are any particularly tough spots on your windows, you may want to pre-treat them with a bit of the window cleaning solution before proceeding with the overall cleaning process.
- Apply the solution. Once you have gathered your materials and chosen your cleaning solution, it’s time to start cleaning! Start by wetting the sponge in the bucket of solution and then wiping the window down starting from the top and working your way down.
- Use the squeegee. After you have finished wiping the window down with the sponge, use the squeegee to remove any remaining water or solution. Be sure to wipe off the squeegee after each stroke so that you don’t leave streaks on the window.
- Dry off excess water. Finally, use a soft cloth or towel to dry off any excess water or solution that may be left on the windows.